V. Points System/Assignment. – Points are to be awarded as follows:
- SHOW UP POINTS: 10 Points will be awarded to any driver or car that makes a reasonable attempt to fire the car in warm-ups, any heat race, B-main, or in the feature event.
- Time Trials/Heat Race: 5 points will be awarded to the winner, 4 points to 2nd, 3 points for 3rd, 2 points for 4th, and 1 point for 5th
- CONSOLATION EVENTS (if needed) ALL drivers/teams that start the consolation race but do not transfer to the A-Main event will be awarded 2 points.
- A-MAIN: Points will be awarded as follows:
|1st||40 Points||9th||24 Points||17th||9 Points|
|2nd||38 Points||10th||22 Points||18th||8 Points|
|3rd||36 Points||11th||20 Points||19th||7 Points|
|4th||34 Points||12th||18 Points||20th||6 Points|
|5th||32 Points||13th||16 Points||21st||5 Points|
|6th||30 Points||14th||14 Points||22nd||4 Points|
|7th||28 Points||15th||12 Points||23rd||3 Points|
|8th||26 Points||16th||10 Points||24th||2 Points|
Any car and driver starting the A-Main will receive a minimum of two (2) points unless that car and driver is disqualified.
5. DISQUALIFICATIONS: Disqualified cars, owner and driver, will receive last place points for the race in which they were disqualified.
- OWNER POINTS: Car owner points will be specifically awarded to the current registered car number that is approved by the series as being the number of the appropriate car owner. Only one (1) car owner can carry a number. Each race team has 30 days in the next calendar year to register and maintain their number. After that time period, that number will be available on a first come first serve basis. See Section for specific information regarding car numbers.
- DRIVER POINTS: Drivers points are to be awarded to drivers on the same scale and system as owner points. In the event two drivers drive the same car in one night, only the driver or drivers taking the green flag in time trials, heat, B-Main or A-Main will receive show up points. Under no circumstances will a driver receive double show up points in a given race event.
- ROOKIE DRIVER POINTS: Points for rookies are the same as driver points as listed in paragraph four (4) above. A rookie is defined as any driver who has competed in five (5) or less series events in his/her lifetime; however, a rookie’s status in regards to purposes of the line-ups will be determined by the Series Director. The purpose of this is to distinguish between seasoned drivers from other associations and true rookies who have never or rarely driven a sprint car in competition. Each Rookie of the Year competitor will drop their two lowest points events(including a DNS) to determine the Rookie of the Year.